10 Years of Love

Hello everyone!! Today I would like to share with you my very first layout I made for the Paper Issues Design Team! In this challenge I had to scraplift this amazing layout!



And here is  my take...



I absolutely love fussy cutting flowers and I immediately knew I would probably do something with flowers. As this is my first layout for a Paper Issues challenge on the Design Team, I needed to do something I'm comfortable with, so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed.

 I had purchased the paper from 1 Canoe 2 called Midnight Roses,  from the Paper Issues store a while ago and just loved the boldness of the flowers. It almost has a masculine feel to them. So I pulled out a photo of me and my hubby from our 10th anniversary last year. I wanted to pull some of that rich blue into the layout even though I had cut it all off while fussy cutting the flowers. So I rummaged through my stash and found the perfect dark blue card stock. I didn't have any other paper in that deep blue so I improvised! 

Our wedding song was, Chancing Cars from Snow Patrol. I wrote out some of the lyrics on some cream-ish card stock in a funky font using a Sharpie. From here on the layout came together pretty easily! I layered some more of that deep blue card stock under neath my photo, I also added some gold embossed handmade paper from the paleolithic period ( not really, its just really really old paper, from when handmade dung paper was all the rage!) I then arranged the fussy cut flowers around my photo to where I liked them but I still felt something was missing. So I improvised again. I busted out a gold gel pen and drew ( rather scratched) some sprigs onto some white paper and cut them out. That added just the right amount of gold pop. The big layered piece my photo is on is actually a pocket, you will see a tag poking out. The large tag on the left of the page I had other pans for! I wrote out the full lyrics for the song Chasing Cars and cut it out in thin strips ( yes, I do not have a type writer, woe is me!) So my hand written strips would have to do. I also stitched along the edge of the page with some gold metallic thread. 
And that is it!
  

No comments: