Follow your heart



Hello friends! Today I would like to share this layout with you. I used the Reagan Kit from 
Felicity-Jane. I have never used their products before and I thought it high time that I should try them out. And guess what, I loved it! I adore the stamp set! It is full of phrases about new beginnings. 

I have been scrapping my own baby photos lately and I came across this little photo of me, I have no idea how old I am in that photo, I guess I was around a year old. I was on a beach and clearly strutting my stuff. It looks like I'm on a mission. So I took a picture of the small original photo that that had turned a bit yellowish over time and turned it to black and white in PicMonkey. And I like it!

As you all know I love fussy cutting flowers, so I immediately took the floral pattern paper and started fussy cutting the flower without even knowing what I was going to do in the layout. Sometimes jumping right in without really knowing what you are doing is the best way to get started!

I had a good look at the stamps and decided I wanted to create a background with the stamps. Now, let me tel you, I am not a stamper. I have never stamped anything on a layout, I never stamped the cards I made a couple of years ago, I just never took to stamping, and I cannot tell you why. But I tried these stamps, and I absolutely loved it! I was so easy! I have no idea why I was so scared of stamping. As a result of my non-interest in stamping I only have black ink and a dark brown, so I couldn't go wild with colours. But I went wild with the black ink I do have! 

As you can see I clustered the words and phrases behind the photo in the bottom right quadrant of the 12x12 white card stock. I found some lost and lonesome little stamps in my stash and I added them to the mix. Those being the heart stamp, the little envelope and the two words, ' Explore' and 'Dream'. I also layered some of the coloured card stock behind the photo. And finally, as you can see I did end up using some of those fussy cut flowers as layers behind the photo. 

I absolutely love this kit!  
Here are some close-ups!  









No comments: