Happy Together

Hi!

My assignment this month for the Paper Issues design Team is Swanky Swatches.


I love these colors! I also love the selection of fruit and the roundness of the fruit. I decided I will take inspiration from the colors, fruit and the circles. The fruit are fresh and summery, so I decided to scrap a photo of my husband and my baby enjoying our water slide in our back yard.

I used the beautiful Pebbles, Jen Hadfield, Patio Party. I love the colors, however, I wanted to tome the colors down a bit to match the muted tones in the swatch. So I added some vellum to the mix. I punched out 2" and 1.5" circles from the pattern paper from the collection, and the vellum. I decided do some stamping on y background with an older Martha Stewart circle stamp. I kept the bulk of the layout to the right hand side of the page. I scattered the stamping and some Heidi Swapp color shine, Butter and Citron to create the background. 

I did print my photo out quite small, as I wanted the layout very light and airy. 
I fussy cut the flowers out from a pattern paper from the collection and used them to frame the photo. The complete the layering of the photo, I used one of the recipe card cut a parts in the 12x12 paper pad and added some vellum. The butterflies I scattered around the photo can be found in the ephemera pack. You will see that I used the vellum to layer over the patterned paper circles. I used brads form my stash to attach some of the circles to the paper. 

I usually tend to place the titles of my layouts below my photo, but I thought I would spice things up and place my title above the photo. 

Here are some close ups... 









Hope this beautiful Swatch inspires you to create!!!!

Here is the link to the process video for this layout!

Enjoy! 

No comments: