Vienna - Paper Issues challenge

Hello!  

Today I'm sharing this layout that I made for the "As the world turns" challenge. 
I have been wanting to use this beautiful cut file from the shop for a long time, and I finally got my chance. I felt that this globe cut file would be the perfect focal point in a layout, especially for this challenge. 

I did not change the cut file one bit, I used it as is and cut it out of American Crafts textured white card stock. I chose to use the "Auburn Lane" collection from Pink Paislee. I felt that the colours in the collection match the colours in my photo perfectly. I didn't want to change my photo to black and white, the Schnitzel would look like a big grey blob, so I kept it coloured. 

I did a load of fussy cutting as well. I used two of the 12x12 patterned papers and fussy cut some flowers and 4 of the little houses. 

I decided that I wanted some interest on the background, so I splattered some white acrylic paint. I also used a lot of the tiny rub-ons. I love how easily they rubbed on! I scattered the rub-ons haphazardly around the page, I wanted them to look like little sprinkles. 

I popped the cut file and the houses up on some craft foam, to give some added dimension and interest. 

The rest is pretty simple really, I added some of the die cuts from the collection and used the beautiful floral chipboard Thickers for my title, which is simply just "Vienna".

Here are some close ups of the splatters and the rub-ons.



Here is the final layout...


I have a process video for this layout, click here.


Thanks again for stopping by!

Enjoy!!

No comments: