Paper Issues Challenge - Grid Lock

Hello! It's Leslie on the blog today.
 I'm sharing my take on the Grid Lock challenge. 

I used the "Oh my Heart" collection from Paige Evans. There is a pattern paper from the 12x12 paper pad that has little squares of different patterns. I cut up the squares and used them as my base for my layout. For the back ground I used American White textured card stock, as the white of the card stock goes well with the white used in the collection. We all know how frustrating it can be when the collection and your white card stock are different whites!

I chose to stitch the squares together with an almost messy zig-zag hand stitch. This I did with plain white embroidery thread, I used all 6 strands. here is a close up.



I wanted to use four photos on this layout, so using a grid was very easy, I just placed one little photo in each of the four rows. I also matted the photos with white card stock, just to give them some extra pop. I also decided to pop them up on some foam squares. 

Next, I fussy cut out some of the beautiful florals from the collection and those served as my main embellishments. The layout was so busy with all the patterns and colors in the little squares I did not want to over do it by over embellishing the layout. I added two wood veneer pieces from my stash, The word" Love" serves as part of my title and a little ticket stub sticker serves as the other part of my title, " Beautiful Love".

All in all this layout came together very quickly. Remember if you are in a scrappy rut, make a grid layout, it is easy, effective and striking, and not much thinking goes into it. 

Here are more close ups.



 Here is the final layout. I painted a black ink boarder around the edge of the page to bring it all together. I think that my black border brings out the pops of black in the little squares behind and in the photos. Please remember to use my code LESLIE to get 20% your purchase of you buy at 

For the Process video to this layout please click here.

No comments: