Favorite Color? Rainbow - JustNick Design Team Assignment

Hi! I had a free choice of cut files this week, so I chose the Tiny Stems Background. I loved the fact that it is so delicate and for me it resembles lace.
 
I have been wanting to use my Felicity Jane Brooke Kit for ages and now I had the chance. I wanted to document a photo of my daughter of when she was 5. when asked what her favorite color was, she would always respond with a dreamy "Rainbow". I decided to make to cut file a full 12x12 page and cut it out on my Silhouette with Bazzill Marshmellow, card stock. I cut it out ones with a blade setting of 4 and a chose the double cut function, but that still did not cut through the paper. So I wasted a perfectly perfect 12x12 sheet of Bazzill Marshmellow. But then I changed the blade setting to 6 and still had it on double cut, and that worked like a charm! The cut file peeled off the mat beautifully!
I layered the cut file over the rainbow paper from Felicity Jane and then I proceeded to embellish. I used some Studio Calico journaling cards for layering behind my photo and some paper from my stash. The rest is all Felicity Jane Brooke and Brie kit embellishments. 
Here are some close ups!

Here is the final layout!
I hope you found this inspirational. You can take a file and use it just like that, as a big 12x12 mat for your photo!
I you would like to watch the Process Video for this layout please click here.
Enjoy!

No comments: