Stay wild - JustNick Design Team assignment

Hi everyone.
 My assignment for today was to make a layout to do with Fall or Halloween, and I chose to do a layout about Fall, however, where I grew up we saw Autumn.
I used the Fall Florals cut file.

 

I filled a whole 12x12 page with the cut file and also resized them, so that I would have different sizes to work with in my layout. I had my Silhouette cut out the florals of Textured White American Crafts Cardstock. To resize the cut files I had to undo the compound path. Then I drew a bounding box around each individual shape and reselected it's compound path. This freed up each shape so that I could move it around individually and resize it as I saw fit. 
I used the new collection from Cat Martin called Norwegian Wood. It is a print and cut collection. 
I basically created a wreath around my 12x12 page with a combination of the cut files and layered the Norwegian Wood embellishments above and below the cut files. And that is that, not much else really, just a lot of layering!! 
If you are a stickler for process video like I am, click here to see the process to this layout on my YouTube channel.
Here are some close ups of my layout...






Here is the final product...


Enjoy!

No comments: