You&Me

Hi! It's Leslie on the blog today, thanks for stopping by!
This week is the beginning of the new month and lots of new challenges and beautiful new cut files!
This  week we have the freedom to choose any cut file from the shop to use in a layout, and I chose the Floral Swag 4 cut file. 


I had my Silhouette cut it out of plain white American Crafts Card stock. I resized the file to a larger and a smaller version. 

I used the Auburn Lane collection from Pink Paislee for this page. 
I layered white card stock on a patterned page from the collection and used my WRMK ( We R Memory Keepers) sewing machine to stitch around the edge of the white card stock. I used a maroon colored thread. 

I decided I wanted to put my photo in the center of the page, and have the main embellishing cluster to the bottom left hand side of my photo. I layered the cut files and the fussy cut flowers to create a full, vibrant cluster. I wanted it to look very full, like a bunch of flowers. I cut the sprigs from one of the cut files off and added them to the cluster for extra detail, and I also cut free some flowers from the same cut file and layered them randomly around and underneath the big cluster.I added a smaller cluster to the top right hand of the photo to balance out the larger cluster. To add some extra color, I tucked some thread nests in behind the cut file.

Here are some close ups...

 

Here is the final layout...


I love how this layout turned out! I love the detail and whimsy the cut file adds to the floral cluster. 
Enjoy!

No comments: