Happy Smiles



Hi! Today I'm sharing this layout with you that I made a few months ago. I wanted to do something different and break away from any of the collections I had at that time. So I went online and found these amazing printable florals. I printed them out on my Canon printer and just cut them out with my scissors. The flowers and leaves are very basic and easy to fussy cut. Let me tell you a little about the photo. It was taken when Emma was about 5 months old. On Sundays the family gathers after church and we have a massive Sunday roast. On that particular day Emma and her cousin were both all dolled up in their pretty dresses. Her Auntie was also dolled up, and I thought the three of them together would make such a lovely photo.

 I used 12x12 textured white card stock and I applied Gesso as I knew I wanted to do some mixed media. I used the packaging method, I just rubbed some blue Gelato's onto the plastic packaging, added water and made sure the Gelato's and water mixed well. I turned the packaging over and just smudged the blue paint onto the white card stock. I just wanted to add some interest in the background to counter the stark white of the card stock. I layered some pink pattern paper from my stash behind the photo and added a little green doodle sticker from an old Doodlebug collection. As you can see I layered the flowers behind the photo to create a sort of bouquet. I also added some stitching in the shape of the flowers and I tried to match up the colours of the thread and the flowers as best I could. I felt that the layout was very busy on the left hand side of the paper and needed to be balanced out a bit, so I added a little cluster of the fussy cut flowers and some more stitching over on the top right corner. All in all I feel happy with how this layout came out. It is a very happy, simple and bright layout. See you soon!!

No comments: