Love our Secret Garden



Hi everyone! Today I am sharing with you this layout I made using a very old picture of me and my sister. I must have been around a year old, and my sister must have been about 4. As you can see, we are picking blossoms off a bush of some sorts. So, I thought it appropriate to use the Kaisercraft collection called Secret Garden. It is one of their older collections, and I don't think its even available in the shops or on line anymore. I have it in my stash and now I got some use out of it! It is such a beautiful, soft, feminine collection. The pinks and the greens are so subtle with the blues offer an accented contrast to the rest of the colours. I just love making diagonal layouts, it is so easy to embellish and everything always seem to flow so well together. As you can see I did what I do on most layouts, I fussy cut a lot of the flowers on one of the 12x12 sheets in the collection pack. If you don't know me by now, I just LOVE fussy cutting! I can spent hours fussy cutting, basically until my hand cramps up! There is not much technical to say about this layout. I placed my photo on the bottom half of the diagonal line and I arranged the flowers in a sort of a bouquet popping out from behind the photo. I have to say that the chain stitching around the layout took quite a while, but worth it!

No comments: