Hey! Hey! Hey!





Hi Friends! It has been a while! We moved house so I have been out of action for about a week or two, but today I made a layout, and I hope that you will like this one!

I played along with the Paper Issues Challenge, Tell me a Story. I love this challenge, it gives you the excuse to go for it with the journaling! 

I used the beautiful Dear Lizzy collection, Lovely Day. I was really struggling to find inspiration. I had this photo of my daughter from about a week ago that I really wanted to scrap, but I was struggling to find a collection that would suit the whimsical, playful nature of my daughter. That is until I opened my (well used) Dear Lizzy Lovely Day collection. All the colours, the little houses, scooters and flowers was exactly just what I was looking for. 

So I decided to create a scene to tell my story, yes, I did do some journaling, you will see that on a tag that I hide in a pocket behind the layout. This layout tells a story of an adventurous girl going down a road with her suitcase, she is surrounded by flowers and a friendly bird, she is happy and confident. Even though she is walking away from home, home is never far away. she must just follow her feet, they will lead her home! 

The actual story is of my daughter's very first sleepover. I have always said that my children will never go on sleepovers. Mainly because of my own issues ( a part of the many I have). But I realised that sleepovers are a part of growing up, it teaches your child independence, it gives them confidence that you trust them, and it makes them feel a special kind of responsibility. So I gave in. She went on a sleepover, and she loved it. She is growing up too fast. 

Okay, now for the technical stuff! I paper pieced the suitcase and added the black stitching with a chain stitch, to mimic the zipper. You will not be able to see it, but the suitcase I made is placed directly over the suitcase she had in the photo. So it looks like she is standing directly behind the paper pieced suitcase, I absolutely love the effect it gives. I used some green with small white dots paper from my stash to create the hills in the background, to pop them up a bit I stitched them with a plain back stitch and popped the edges up with some adhesive foam dots. I also did lots of fussy cutting for this layout. I cut the big red roses out of one of the papers in the collection ( my favourite paper, and yes, I did buy like 5 of them!). I also fussy cut the little houses out of another paper from the collection. I cut the little roads out of a yellow pattern paper from the 6x6 paper pad. I also used some of the 6x12 sticker sheet, the tiny puffy stickers and the layered dimensional stickers. 

Enjoy.     


No comments: