Oh, the places you will go!



Hello! Its my turn today to share a layout with you that I made as part of the Partners Up Challenge. 

Here is the sketch we had to work with.



As you can see I interpreted this sketch quite loosely. However I did take this opportunity to go and dig out my sewing machine! I love sewing on my layouts, however, I always hand stitch. This time I did do some hand stitching on the clouds, but the big challenge for me was to machine stitch the large circles around the page. I'm not quite sure how many circles I stitched, but I think it turned out well.

For this challenge I used the Shimelle 'Starshine' collection and the Pick Paislee 'Pick me up' collection. I used the constellation page from the Shimelle collection for the background. I cut around the circle printed on the page and stuck it on a piece of white cardstock. I whitened out the dark edge with some Gesso and white acrylic paint. Then I blended the paint so that it would create a sort of haze. Next I did the circle machine stitching. I placed my black and white photo in the center and embellished around it. I paper pieced a little sail boat together, inspired by the little sail boat in the 'Pick me up' collection. 

I hope you take part in this challenge! It really pushed my boundaries. I  used my sewing machine on a layout! Yay!

Pop over to the Paper Issues shop. All of the collections I used are in the shop! Remember to check out using my name, 'Leslie'.



No comments: