Hand in hand - Bella BLVD, All people, All nations

Hello friends!

I was super excited when I got the assignment from the Paper Issues team, 'Put it on an angle'.


I immediately knew just what I wanted to do. I have had this new Bella BLVD All people, All nations, in my stash for a few weeks now, and I needed to use it. 
The collection is beautiful, with vibrant bright colors, showing off bold patterns and interesting designs. I knew that this collection would be perfect for my idea for the challenge.

I usually have a picture that I want to scrap and then I build a layout around the picture, however, this time it was different. I designed the layout first and then I went on the hunt in my photo stash for the perfect photo. 


I decided that I wanted to showcase the beautiful patterned papers in the Bella BLVD collection, so I tried to use all of them in this layout. 
Talking about killing a kit in one layout? 
Well, here you go!


I used some yellow/orange mist from my stash and Heidi Swapp gold color shine to create the background on American Crafts textured white cardstock. I 'painted' with the nozzle and also made some big splatters and swirls with the nozzles directly onto the paper. I did not apply Gesso as I knew I would not use that much mixed media. 

I then basically just went through the papers in the collection and placed them in an order that would be one busy patterns followed by a muted or monochromatic pattern. once I had found the combination I liked I just slapped some glue on the papers and glued them straight to the page and on top of each other at different angles. I distressed the edges of the papers with my fingers and nails, I have no idea where my edge distressor is, but my fingers did great. You will see on closer inspection that I used a lot of staples to hold the edges and corners of the distressed papers down, this also adds extra interest and texture. I also stapled the photo to the layout without using much glue. I decided that I did not want to do a lot of embellishing on this layout as the background and various patterned papers were already adding a lot of color and pattern to the page, I did not want it to get too busy. So I used a few of the 12x12 sticker sheet stickers and doodled around the edges of the photo and the layout. 

I really hope you take some inspiration from this layout and please don't be scared to kill a kit with one layout. If you have a kit that has been sitting in your stash for a while, do something drastic and try to think completely out of the box. It feels awesome once you get to use those papers.

Remember to use my code, 'Leslie' for 20 % off your next Paper Issues purchase.

If you are a stickler for YouTube process videos, you can find this process here!
https://youtu.be/0B4TZEB3290

Bye for now!   

No comments: