Hello Summer

Hello friends!
Today I'm sharing this layout with you that I made for the Paper Issues Design Team, for the challenge called Free File. If you are in need of some stunning cut files, head on over to the Paper Issues Shop and find the Free cut files. There are literally hundreds of free cut files, how awesome os that?


I used a fair amount of mixed media on this layout, Twinkling's H2O's Majestic and then two Gelato's, Snow cone and Metallic Mint. I tried to create a gradient effect, starting with light blue at the top of the page moving to a darker and deeper blue to the bottom of the page. I did apply Gesso to my page before I applied the mixed media, I was not sure how much water I would apply, so I wanted to be on the safe side. 

I used the beautiful Island Escape collection from Bella BLVD. I thought it woud be the perfect collection to document this photo of me holding up a drink with the beautiful blue sky and shallow waters of the Arabian gulf. 

To make the two Monsterra leaves I scanned one of the ephemera pieces into my Brother scan and cut, and had the machine cut the leaf. I drew a border on the inside of the leaf and cut on the line, this created the two cut files that I chose to back with two of the patterned papers. The other three leaves are from the Paper Issues shop Free cut files, the file is called Tropical Palms 2.

The rest of pretty basic. I did some layering with a 4x6 card from the cut apart sheet and added some of the ephemera flowers behind the photo. Lastly I added some sequins from my stash which I tried to keep in the same colors as the blue gradient. To finish off the layout I outlined the layout with a yellow Copic marker and an extra fine black Sharpie.

Remember, that if you use my code LESLIE when you check out of the Paper Issues shop you will get 20% off your purchase. 

If you like process videos, here is the link to this layout's video!


Enjoy!!  


No comments: