Life is Beautiful!


Hello!

I'm excited to share this layout with you that I made for the Paper Issues Design Team for a challenge called, What's going down. Head on over to their Facebook page, Paper Issues Friends and fans if you need inspiration to scrap your photo's.

The photo I will be scrapping today is of my husband and his sister, they must have been about 4 and 3 years old.

I used the new Carta Bella Spring Market collection, and thought that the page of a shop window would be perfect for my background. I wanted to create a large element on the page, so I pulled out my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils and drew a flower pot and a poppy. I also created the poppy's cut file by drawing a basic outline of the flower and using my craft knife to cut it out. I used some of the pink patterned paper to back the little poppy cut file I created. To add some dimension and interest in the flower I colored it with some Inktense pencils and just added some water with a fine brush to smooth out the color. 

I also did a lot of fussy cutting for the page. I cut the sprigs next to the big poppy from one of the papers with the tags on and the small flowers from one of the other pattern papers. 
I really like fussy cutting as it stretches my embellishments and it gives me a lot more to work with and so I am able to be more creative. 
I also used some of the chipboard elements and the 12x12 sticker sheet.

Lastly I drew a faint doodle line around the edge of my page. 



Remember If you use my code LESLIE when you check out of the Paper Issues shop you will get 20% of your entire purchase!

And if you are a stickler for process videos like I am, here is a link to the video for this layout.



Enjoy!

No comments: