Home Sweet Home

Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing this layout with you that I made using a Free cut file from the Paper Issues Shop. Head on over to their shop (link found on the right of the screen) to find hundreds of free cut files!

I used the beautiful Doodlebug, Hello collection to make this page. I was inspired by a layout that Paige Evans made by putting the embellishments on top of the cut file instead of backing the file. Doodlebug went above and beyond with the embellishments and different elements in this collection. You literally get hundreds of small, intricate, colorful and beautifully designed ephemera and embellishments to work with. 

If you follow me, you know I love fussy cutting, so regardless of how many embellishments I get I will always find that one page I can fussy cut, and in this case it was the page with all the beautiful little flowers on.

I did a little bit of mixed media on the background, I used my ink blending tool to smooth out some blue ink onto the white paper to look like clouds. I wanted to give the illusion that the wreath and house are floating in the sky. I didn't want to cover up too much of that background so I matted my photo on some tissue paper. The two birdcages seem to be hanging from the wreath, I created the 'chain' effect with a boarder strip for the 12x12 sticker sheet.   

     
The rest is pretty simple really, I backed my entire layout on a very dark and busy pattern paper to balance out the floral cluster on the page. I also distressed the edges and stapled one of the corners to add some extra interest and texture. 



Remember, if you use my code LESLIE when you check out at the Paper Issues shop you will get 20% off you entire purchase!

If you love process videos, click on the link below for the process video for this layout.


Enjoy!!




No comments: