Astronaut Andre


Hello everyone! 

Today I would like to share with you a layout I made for a Paper Issues challenge called Scraplift Sunday. For those of you who are not familiar with Paper Issues, it is an online scrapbook shop that sell all the latest and greatest scrapbook goodies. They also have a Facebook page called Paper Issues Friends and Family, so go on over and have a look. There are daily challenges and updates and all sorts of fun to be had on the Facebook page. 

So, today I sharing my take on a layout for Scraplift Sunday. I used the My Mind's Eye, Blastoff collection and I did some mixed media on my background. I did the packaging technique with some H2O's Twinklings, a colour called Majestic. And that blue is truly majestic, it is so vibrant and rich and has such a subtle shimmer to them. 

The circles are 3 inch circles that I machine stitched with plan white thread. You will see that in some areas the thread looks all pulled and tattered, but I really like that effect, it adds so much texture. On the left I added the photo I was going to use and I cut it into a circle to fit nicely on top of that one blue circle, framing the photo perfectly. I used a bunch of the Mixed bag items and some of the Chipboard elements from the collection. This collection is so fabulous for boys! The colours are bright, rich and fun! I used a second photo and fussy cut around the cake, so that the cake looks like an embellishment. I really like the effect that it creates. I used the chipboard word 'Astronaut' for a part of my title and used some really old Thickers called 'Cinnamon' for the rest of my title.

If you want to have a look at the original layout made by the very talented Rachel Tallman, please head on over to the Paper Issues blog, I have a link for you to the right of my page!


Hope you enjoyed this one and found inspiration!

    

No comments: